Sunday, November 17, 2013

Catch Up: Project 3


First of all this is a bad scan/image of my project 3, it is WAY LIGHTER, than here. For project 3, we had to make a poster for an event of our choosing. It was pretty fun considering we had no limitations, but the constant "quick turn arounds" kinda caught up to me and I ended up turning it in a day late.

My event of choice was the Harbin Snow Festival in China, which is one of the 3 biggest snow festivals in the world (the other 2 being in Japan and Canada). I pulled up actual ice scultptures and went crazy with the pen tool and tracing them. I decided right away that a lightish blue color scheme would capture the "icy" feel that I want my poster to convey. The background were icicles traced and the white space also resembled icicles, which was a pleasant surprise. I wanted to put a heavy emphasis on opacity to try and make my images clear and transparent; like ice. The text were dark blue in order to stand out and with the title I kept it at black with a light blue border; to try and show the text being "frozen".

No comments:

Post a Comment