Sunday, November 17, 2013

Catch Up: Project 2



So...project 2, we had the pleasure of being tasked to make ads for a company of our choosing. Initially as I've said before in one of my older posts, I wanted to do something for a video game company. But most of those companies already have recognizable characters/franchises, that it would be difficult for me to create a great ad for them without it being too..."overdone".

So I chose Best Buy, something close, but not exactly. 

I decided to base the 3 ads on products they sell that aren't as "well-known". When you think of Best Buy, you think of electronics such as computers and possibly printers. I focused on applicances, dvds, and video games. I wanted something to "tie in" all 3 ads, so I created a blue background, which also gave me the chance of adding in text without the image taking it over. The blue background also compliments the best buy logo (yellow on blue stands out).

Initially, I looked up their slogans and the "great prices, no pressure" pretty much set what my ads' theme would be "pressure". 
The t-rex one was the first one that came to mind; cue an employee with a t-rex head heading towards you. The fridge at the very top was more of a last minute call; I needed something to fit that size/dimensions so I decided to crop the original image and try to make it bigger than it seems, with the silhouette being there just to show scale...like a fridge falling on you...or something. 
The last one was my favorite, I never played COD, but it was the first that came to mind when I needed a popular video game to get a game ad covered. The top probably could have just been left as a blue border and my only regret was that I actually pursued "gluing" all those sales in there, even though it just clogged up the ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment